The Plant-Based Nutrients in AstaMatrix®
What is AstaMatrix® ?
AstaMatrix® is a 100% plant-based alternative to fish or krill oil, that supplies your body with the essential marine omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, in both their triglyceride and phospholipid forms. Unlike animal-based Omega-3 supplements, the fatty acids in AstaMatrix® are delivered to you in a rich botanical nutrient matrix, that includes additional fatty acids from our omega super blend, dietary phospholipids, astaxanthin and delta-tocotrienol.
What Makes AstaMatrix® Different
We at BioScience Formulators searched far and wide to find the purest botanical sources for the nutrients in AstaMatrix®. We also worked hard with our partners to use nutrients only extracted from sustainable sources, so our impact on the environment is always limited. To ensure you are getting the most nutrient power from AstaMatrix®, the precious oils extracted from our plant-based sources are always cold-pressed, without the use of heat or harsh chemicals. This means the nutrients in AstaMatrix®are never degraded in any way, and its purity and potency are never compromised!
Unique Nutrient Combination
The unique combination of nutrients in AstaMatrix® were hand-selected based on the science of nutrient synergy. This means the nutrients in AstaMatrix® work together through synergistic interactions to both replenish and protect your cells, which positively influences your health in multiple ways!
- 500mg Plant-Based Marine Omega-3.We go straight to the source for all of our nutrients, the Omega-3 EPA & DHA in AstaMatrix® comes directly from microalgae, the original source of marine Omega-3s. The Omega-3s from microalgae are free of animal byproducts and require no harsh processing like fish-oil based Omega-3 supplements. Algae-based Omega-3 supplements have also been found to be nutritionally equivalent to cooked salmon!
- 150mg Dietary Phospholipids. The phospholipids in AstaMatrix® not only replenish your cells with key nutrients like phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylinositol and phosphatidylserine, but also form the basis of our lipid delivery system. Some scientific studies have shown that phospholipid-bound fatty acids are absorbed twice as well as other forms, while they increase the absorption of the antioxidants in AstaMatrix®by as much as 14 times!
- 4mg Astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is arguably the most powerful naturally occurring antioxidant and anti-inflammatory on earth. Sourced directly from microalgae, it fights oxidative stress and inflammation in multiple ways, and its list of health benefits is truly endless! It is so powerful, that studies have shown that a daily dose of only 2mg of astaxanthin daily is an effective way to protect your cells from oxidative damage!
- 40mg Delta-Tocotrienol. Delta-Tocotrienol is a special form of vitamin E extracted from annatto, that has antioxidant properties that far outweigh its nutrient cousins. This powerful essential nutrient offers several different health benefits, and teams up with astaxanthin to fight oxidative stress synergistically!
- Omega Super Blend. Wholefoods never deliver isolated nutrients to you, so a super blend of omega-5, 6, 7, & 9 from botanical sources like pomegranate, moringa and sea buckthorn are included in AstaMatrix®. These additional fatty acids work with Omega-3 EPA & DHA to increase their absorption, and to keep inflammation and oxidative stress at bay!
- Proprietary Botanical Stability System. Lipid oxidation is a common problem for Omega-3 supplements, as it can decrease their nutritional quality! So, the PBSS in AstaMatrix®was created using a synergetic blend of rosemary, coconut oil, and d-Limonene in order to protect the Omega-3 EPA & DHA in AstaMatrix® from oxidation, and to aid in nutrient digestion and absorption!